Earthrise Energy is looking to add a Senior Accountant to its growing team, who will conduct the day-to-day accounting operations and assist with the financial reporting of the company. This position will report to the Accounting Manager. A successful candidate would be a highly energetic and hardworking self-starter who must demonstrate an attention to detail and have good technical accounting and analytical skills. This position is 100% remote.
- Manage the accounting and cash management functions for multiple entities and projects.
- Manage AP and AR functions.
- Managing monthly journal entries and schedules for multiple entities.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities and preparation of financial reports.
- Assist with accounting and reporting software integration and coordinate ongoing utilization and continuous learning with the IT department.
- Assist with near-term cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with colleagues across the organization.
- Research technical accounting literature and assist with preparations of technical memos.
- Assist with creation, refinement, and implementation of accounting policies & procedures.
- Help develop internal processes, metrics, and business decision-making.
- Work closely with business units’ teams to ensure seamless progress tracking and reporting.
- Working on cross team initiatives
- Degree required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- A minimum of 3 or more years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the Energy industry is preferred.
- CPA certification required; Big 4 experience is helpful.
- Proficiency with Excel is required.
- User level of accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage, NetSuite, etc.) experience is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Honest, reliable, self-aware, and conscientious.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
Earthrise Energy offers a competitive compensation package along with strong health and wellness benefits, so our team members can take care of themselves and their loved ones. Our package includes:
- Health and ancillary insurance benefits (including medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance)
- 401(k) with Company contribution equivalent to 3% of employee salary
- Flexible PTO model; 10 paid company holidays
Earthrise Energy, PBC is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medica condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.