Vice President of Development
Earthrise Energy is seeking a Vice President of Development who will lead our project execution team and help position the company for success in the years to come. Reporting directly to Earthrise Energy’s CEO, the VP Development will lead and oversee the team responsible for the development of utility-scale renewable energy projects (solar now; wind and energy storage to come). The position is ideal for an experienced professional who has demonstrated successes developing and leading renewable energy projects and development teams and building said teams within a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The VP will be responsible for executing the company’s renewable project development strategy, and for driving the tactical execution of the solar, wind and energy storage development projects currently in the pipeline. Close collaboration with the finance, commercial, legal, and construction groups is required to successfully deliver projects that maximize value. This will require deep technical and development experience, a firm understanding of the US solar, wind and storage market, and a proven track record of successfully optimizing commercial and technical considerations at speed.
- Execute and refine the development strategy that maximizes the value of renewable assets. Close collaboration with procurement, finance, commercial, construction, and other functions is required to achieve commercial outcomes.
- Oversee and manage the development of renewable energy projects to NTP, and collaborate closely with Vice President of Delivery and other senior leaders to ensure projects are financeable and achieve target CODs.
- Provide knowledge and support to the development team across the full development cycle including the identification and assessment of new opportunities, site origination, project viability, land agreement negotiations, project design, permitting process, etc.
- Provide holistic view of development execution with focus on strategic decision making and interdependencies.
- Build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including local communities, government agencies, project partners, suppliers, investors, customers, and other organizations.
- Manage cross-team communication, resource planning, problem solving and scheduling.
- Monitor industry developments and technical research data to be able to adjust the development strategy and execution strategies.
- Invest in team building, individual growth initiatives, mentorship, and training for team members.
- As a member of the executive leadership team, drive development decision making with urgency and analytical rigor.
- Execute on the development of renewable projects encompassing land acquisition, permitting, interconnection, environmental studies, engineering, and construction, among other project milestones.
- Be an “on the ground” active participant throughout the development of projects with a near-term focus on land acquisition, environmental, permitting and zoning approvals.
- Lead and coach the development team to effectively negotiate and manage project agreements, such as interconnection agreements and land acquisition and/or lease agreements.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop and manage a stagegate process for the development pipeline.
- Manage the process for coordinating real estate due diligence, review materials and provide risk assessment for acquisition opportunities.
- Manage the process/team to secure all necessary permits (land, environmental, etc.) and zoning approval timely and on budget.
- Manage the process for conducting due diligence and assessing the feasibility of projects throughout multiple stages of development.
- Proactively identify technical and commercial gaps and risks and fill those gaps to ensure achievement of the team’s objectives.
- Ensure that development scope, budgets, and schedules are properly managed and communicated.
- Stay current on industry trends and regulations and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and permits.
- Work with senior leaders to identify and analyze valuable acquisition targets.
- 10+ years’ experience in renewable project development in the US market (experience in solar required, wind and/or storage a plus).
- Experience managing teams (e.g., goal and KPI setting, performance evaluations, coaching, career development).
- Experience with development goal-setting processes (i.e., stagegate).
- Proven experience of successful land control campaigns and local permitting, including community support campaigns.
- Proven experience of taking projects from concept to operations.
- Superior communication skills for a range of audiences.
- Experience conceptualizing and completing multiple GWs of utility scale projects from land campaign through construction, achieving COD and ultimately operating at a level consistent with the original goals of the project.
- Extensive knowledge of renewable energy and storage market conditions and trade practices.
- Experience interfacing with commercial teams and financing institutions.
- Collaborative, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves approach.
- Authentic leadership aimed to inspire, motivate, grow, and empower employees.
- Encourages cross-functional cooperation and builds strong working relationships across the organization, and leads by example.
- Strong communication skills; ability to speak concisely but compellingly to a range of audiences (executive team, investors, lenders, etc.)
- High IQ, EQ, no ego, and mission driven.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Ambitious, decisive, driven, and high-energy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and act with urgency.
Apply Now | Vice President of Development
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com