Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Engineering Manager will play a critical role in the engineering, designs, and technology selections of Earthrise’s projects. This is both an execution and strategic position, requiring the agility to move smoothly between activities, and will draw on strong project management and time management skills.
The Engineering Manager will work closely with various functions across the company and should have a demonstrated knowledge of engineering processes, renewable generation designs, and standards. Given the company’s early stage, the Engineering Manager responsibilities will evolve through the stages of the company’s growth.
- Manage and conduct the engineering design processes for the renewable energy projects
- Support the development and improvement of engineering and design, technology selection for the projects pre-construction
- Define project lifecycle engineering standards to be applied consistently across Earthrise’s project pipeline
- Support the procurement and construction technical specification development and contract reviews
- Support the inspection and compliance with the design, QA/QC commissioning, and startup of the projects under construction
- Assist with project management reviews.
Qualifications & Skills
- 10 years of experience in engineering, preferably with recent experience in solar and wind, and of which at least 5 years as engineering and design manager
- Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Experienced with solar power plant engineering design tools, software, standards and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of PPA and EPC contracts including Project Finance requirements, technical and commercial drivers
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage a safe work environment for Earthrise and contractor personnel.
- Team player able to work across various functional groups.
- Highly organized with efficient written, oral, computer, and reporting skills.
- Travel required as needed (~25%)
Apply Now | Engineering Manager
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com