Director of Development
Our Director of Development is critical to building our pipeline of renewable projects and just as critically, our team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Development will be responsible for managing and executing all aspects of renewable project development from initial greenfield or acquisition efforts through to handover to the Project Delivery Team. The Director will work collaboratively with existing senior team members, including the respective Senior Directors of Development and Project Delivery, and the respective Directors of Environmental Services and Interconnection, to determine and pursue strategic priorities across multiple development sites within the portfolio. The Director will also lead and manage an internal team of talented individual Developers, by providing coaching and mentoring, establishing processes, and holding the team accountable to goals and targets. The Director will be responsible for overseeing both internal and external development resources to advance economic analysis, site selection, site control, zoning and community engagement, environmental diligence, and other related workstreams.
As part of a small, growing company, the Director will also contribute to overall corporate development and company culture and will be involved in strategic initiatives outside of day-to-day project execution such as project/portfolio acquisition strategy and execution, evaluation of emerging technologies, and shaping innovative development and offtake approaches.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a growing team of 7+ project developers and analysts; plan and execute team growth and evolution over time.
- Build replicable and scalable processes and procedures that enable the team to hit targets, and execute with speed and efficiency.
- Drive the development of multiple solar, solar + storage and storage projects simultaneously, with an initial focus on further de-risking and advancing the Company’s ~2GW pipeline.
- Help lead the evaluation and acquisition of target assets and portfolios, focusing on assessment of renewable development potential, Earthrise value creation, and preparation of executable development plans.
- Challenge, refine, and adopt strategies that are reflective of Earthrise’s differentiated business model across land acquisition and diligence, interconnection, local zoning, and other aspects of development,
- Monitor state and regional energy policies and trends as they shift over time; distill relevant insights and make informed strategic recommendations to team members.
- Assist with negotiation of power, REC, and capacity contracts and support project finance team members in debt and tax equity closings.
- Devise and oversee ad-hoc research and analysis to advance new market and business strategies.
- Support the preparation, monitoring, and reporting of portfolio budget and cash flow projections and project financial outcomes (in collaboration with the finance team).
Qualifications & Skills
- Active in utility-scale solar project development with at least 8 years of experience, preferably with extensive experience in deregulated RTO markets such as PJM, MISO, SPP, etc
- At least 3 years of team management experience, and with on individual growth, process building, and goal setting & achievement
- Experience in all stages of project execution from site acquisition through to financing or sale, with particular hands-on experience in zoning and community engagement
- Experience with energy storage, transmission, or wind development is beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience communicating directly with executives and investors
Apply Now | Director of Development
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org