Director of Engineering and Construction
Reporting to the Senior Director of Procurement and Delivery, the Director of Engineering & Construction will play a critical role in supporting the design, structuring, and execution of the development initiatives. This is both an execution and strategic position, requiring the agility to move smoothly between activities, and will draw on strong project management and time management skills.
The Director of Engineering & Construction will work closely with various functions across the company and should have a demonstrated knowledge of commercial practices, legal principles, project controls, and negotiation skills. Given the company’s early stage, the Director’s responsibilities will evolve through the stages of the company’s growth.
- Work with the Procurement Team on the preparation of competitive EPC request for Proposals and negotiation of EPC Contracts addressing project specific construction and technical drivers.
- Work with the Procurement, Development, Operations, and Finance teams in the development of technical, construction, and cost-effective solutions at different project stages in response to various offtake tenders providing necessary inputs and assumptions.
- Work with the Development and Procurement team on pre-feasibility screening and early design needs.
- Supervise the facility engineering design processes, engineering service agreements, and development of standards and functional technical specifications for Earthrise’s growth projects.
- Define and implement construction project controls process and budgets and implement a set of standardized processes, systems, and tools which assist with on-time, on-budget execution of construction projects.
- Supervise the construction management for the growth program, including design review, safety, site management, project controls, QA/QC, commissioning, and startup ensuring projects to be completed safely, on time, in compliance with the contracts, and on budget.
- Monitor and audit project controls and schedule performance of ongoing projects.
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage a safe work environment for Earthrise and contractor personnel.
- 10 years of leadership experience in engineering, procurement, and power plant construction, preferably with solar and wind recent experience, of which at least 4 years as director or department manager
- Engineering degree from an accredited university; PMP certification a plus.
- Knowledgeable with power plant engineering design standards and practices, inspections, and QA/QC.
- Thorough knowledge of EPC contracts including technical and commercial drivers
- Knowledgeable with tier 1 scheduling and project controls software and leading practices- ability to plan, schedule, manage, and execute all activities associated with a major construction project/program.
- Experience managing construction contracts with the ability to control costs and forecast spend; experience with Union labor and Project Labor Agreements a plus.
- Team player able to work across various functional groups.
- Highly organized with efficient written, oral, computer, and reporting skills.
Earthrise Energy offers a competitive compensation package along with strong health and wellness benefits, so our team members can take care of themselves and their loved ones. Our package includes:
- Health and ancillary insurance benefits (including medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance)
- 401(k) with Company contribution equivalent to 3% of employee salary
- Flexible PTO model; 10 paid company holidays
Earthrise Energy, PBC is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medica condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.