We are looking to add a Staff Accountant to our growing team. The newest team member will oversee all accounts payable and accounts receivable activity for the company’s various entities. A successful candidate would be a highly energetic and hardworking self-starter who must demonstrate an attention to detail and have excellent accounting and record-keeping skills.
- Manage AP, AR and cash flows for multiple entities and projects.
- Work closely with all business teams to ensure seamless work in progress tracking and reporting.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations and assist with reporting.
- Assists with monthly journal entries and schedules for multiple entities.
- Assists with month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Assists with creation, refinement and implementation of accounting policies & procedures.
- Work on cross team initiatives and seeks out efficiencies for other areas important for the business.
- Verify and/or complete payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensure that payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gather necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Maintain knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree required: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in AP/AR experience is required.
- Proficiency with Excel
- User level of accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage, NetSuite, etc.) experience is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Honest, reliable, self-aware, and conscientious
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
Earthrise Energy offers a competitive compensation package along with strong health and wellness benefits, so our team members can take care of themselves and their loved ones. Our package includes:
- Health and ancillary insurance benefits (including medical, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance)
- 401(k) with Company contribution equivalent to 3% of employee salary
- Flexible PTO model; 10 paid company holidays
Earthrise Energy, PBC is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medica condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.